If You'd Like to Build a Personal Brand Online to Get More Leads, Recruit More Reps, and Make More Sales to Leave a Legacy While Working Part Time….You've Come to the Right Place…
Who is Dr. Lisa Thompson?
Since 2013 I've never been more happier and fulfilled in my personal and business life (It didn't start that way). Today I have:
- Been on stage recognized as a leader and producer in my company
- Generated over 3,000 leads online
- Interviewed by 3 home business leaders
- Launched my own coaching program teaching other home business owners to set up their own blog
- Featured guest on the Millionaire Road Radio Show
- Placed in the top 20 of an affiliate product launch
- Created $300/month residual income from one affiliate income stream from my blog
- Guest panelist on a webinar with over 900 attendees.
If you would have told me a few years ago that I would have accomplished ONE of these items on this list above, I would've laughed at you. Today I teach families how to build a profitable home business through personal online branding and social media.
If You're Sick and Tired of Being Stressed Out and Leading a Life of Quiet Desperation, I've Been There and Know How You Feel!
Are you feeling like you're spinning your wheels and getting nowhere fast? Maybe:
- You're working 2 or more jobs to make ends meet and frustrated to have no time to spend with your family
- Your company took away your 401(k) match leaving you scrambling how to save enough money to enjoy retirement
- You're stressed out because your medical bills are higher than your mortgage and car payments combined
- Your children graduated from college and are still living at home because they can't find jobs.
- You can only afford to pay the minimum on credit cards
- Worried about how to take care of your aging parents, making sure they can afford the highest quality health care they deserve.
- Unable to take your family on vacations.
- You're looking for a way to secure your financial future…leave a legacy.
Let me share with you my story. I want you to know there's always a way if you're committed.
Family is Everything
I grew up in Victoria, Minnesota, the oldest of two children. My favorite thing to do as a child was spending time with my grandparents. I loved hearing their stories growing up and overcoming adversity.
As I grew older the thing I looked forward to the most was spending time at the office where my parents took over my grandparents business. Even though I did light clerical work, I felt like I was helping out the family.
I was a shy kid growing up because I was born with only 50% of my hearing. It was a struggle to fit in socially, especially at public events and using the telephone. As a matter of fact I was so painfully shy that talking on the phone triggered a panic attack. At the age of 13 I was fitted with hearing aids and it made me want to learn more about speech and hearing sciences so nobody else would go through what I did.
Deep down I always knew I was meant to be an entrepreneur and make a difference, but didn’t know the vehicle.
In 1994 I graduated with my Master’s Degree in Communicative Disorders, and my Doctorate in Education in 2006. In 1995 I married the love of my life David. I was still very shy. My dad was so worried about me that he took David aside the night before our wedding to tell him “make sure she gets out of the house and enjoys life.”
The Bottom Dropped Out in 2008
In 2008 the world changed for me when my husband David was laid off from his job in the Great Recession. I worked 23 days straight in December 2008 in order to keep health care benefits and pay the bills.
I provided speech therapy services in small towns in greater Minnesota. I absolutely loved working with the Greatest Generation and considered it a privilege to serve them. My patients came from families who owned farms or Mom and Pop stores on main street.
What struck me most was how they viewed their business. They saw it as a family heirloom that was passed down from generation to generation.
While I loved what I do, I was burning out fast. The long commutes and time on the road were taking its toll. I started looking into starting a home business in 2008 to supplement the income but didn’t take it seriously.
A New Normal
On April 1, 2010 my dad broke his neck in an accident at home and became a quadriplegic 6 months before he turned 65. It was a wakeup call for me. I woke up in a cold sweat many nights thinking “What if something happened to me where I couldn’t work? Who would support my family?”
Sadly, my dad passed away on March 31, 2011 from esophageal cancer.
I began to take her online business seriously, but nothing was working. I tried everything – blogging, SEO, email and video. My business became a time and money pit before it even got off the ground. I always felt something was missing and praying that someone would show me what to do.
My Prayers Were Answered
My prayers were answered in May of 2013 when I was introduced to my mentor who showed me the right way to build a business. Since then my business has changed.
The best part is, I am able to do this part time, while currently working my full time job. I am more fired up and energized in my life right now. Every single setback and journey in my life has prepared me for my ultimate mission, or what I was born to do. I am a legacy creator.
I believe that there is another “Greatest Generation” out there who have lost their story. Corporate America has taken away people's belief that they can through hard work create a legacy that can be passed on from generation to generation.
Getting paid every 2 weeks, with 2 week vacation every year and retire after 30 years with a pension is not a legacy. A 401(k) can't be passed on to multi-generations.
That is not a legacy. That is leading a life of quiet desperation.
My mission is to help people discover their “story” and build a personal brand around that story online. I will help 100,000 families build an online brand that will become their legacy for generations to come.
I want to see children come home from school and can't wait to help their parents with their online business. I want to see parents pass on the family business to their children to make it even better.
Most importantly, I want to see the rise of families doing things together to make memories that last a lifetime.
How To Find Your “Story”
One of the first books that helped me find my story was Tony Robbins “Awaken The Giant Within“. I highly recommend that you read it. If you want to leave a legacy, you need to create a vision of who you want to become in your life.
That book will give you the tools to teach you how to make a decision and take massive action to designing the life you want. Once you know what you want Tony will show you the tools to help you overcome those limiting beliefs.
The second thing I want you to do is watch his documentary “I'm Not Your Guru” on Netflix. You'll find some amazing takeaways that will help you achieve your goals.
Never Be Afraid to Share Your Story
Never be afraid to share your story. Your story is the miracle in someone's life. You were born with a special skill set to help make the world a better place. I look forward to connecting with you on social media or at a live event, and helping you in any way that I can.
Success is only a decision away my friend. You were born with the seeds of greatness. I believe in you!
To Your Success,
Millionaire Road Radio Show
Online Playmakers Podcast
Leadership and Recognition
Hi Lisa…I watched your webinar last night and I must say…it was very impressive. You did an amazing job. You were clear and easy to follow. But what really got me was your story…OMG. It was so moving. I loved it. Your mother and father, grandparents, the whole image thing, your waking up at night. I felt like I was watching a movie. You told it so beautifully, very inspiring. I found myself taking notes not about the content, but also on how you laid it out. Really, an amazing job all around. Kudos to You!!Theresa Candy Lovelace
Oh Lisa so proud of you! Hugs from Hong Kong and when I get a little breathing room, I want for sure to learn from you how to use Instagram!Lisa Grossmann
Dr. Lisa Thompson is one of the fastest growing leaders in our industry I’ve seen in awhile. I’ve been marketing online for years and in a very short amount of time I’ve seen her beat out top marketers in affiliate contests, teach hundreds of people how to get leads, and is quickly becoming a top trainer and marketer! Thanks Lisa, for all of your tips!Ron Gelok
I had the opportunity to attend Dr. Lisa’s eye-opening Insta-Wow webinar. Before attending I had very little engagement with my Instagram Posts. The first thing I learned is the importance of reminding people of the good memories assoicated with the picture. Since then, I’m now creating fantastic images, and the best part is I get engagement on all of my images now! Thank you for showing me how to move people with images Dr. Lisa!Christina Ervin
Here are a Few Dr. Lisa Random Factoids
- I am a huge Monty Python fan…nudge nudge wink wink…say no more!
- I make the best baked potatoes on the planet.
- I learned most of my life lessons at my grandma's kitchen table and attending Mass.
- I believe that everyone has the capacity to learn. The day you stop learning is the day you stop living.
- I am a student of history. Those who forget the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat it.
- I have raised cocker spaniels for over twenty years. I love the breed as they are the most playful and the best lap monsters! I am a sucker for floppy ears, stuffy tails, and almond-shaped eyes!
- I am a huge college and pro football fan. I just like to watch a great game! My hubby and I do love watching UW Badger Football and Basketball.
- I love to listen to music of all kinds, from sacred music and Gregorian Chant to jazz, rock, and pop music.